Join the Wilshire Adventurers
Wilshire Adventurers is a fellowship and travel group that provides monthly activities for all adults 60 and older. A committee of senior adults plans these activities in consultation with Associate Pastor Mark Wingfield and Minister to Senior Adults Jessica Capps. Activities range from game days at the church to weeklong trips around the country.
Upcoming events :
Adventurers Christmas dinner. The Wilshire Adventurers Christmas dinner will be Friday, Dec. 8, at 6:30 p.m. in Community Hall. The program will feature actress Sandra Wakefield portraying Mary, the mother of Jesus. The story begins with the annunciation by Gabriel, and what it cost Mary to bear God’s Son, then progresses to her view of Jesus’ public ministry, miracles, crucifixion, resurrection and ascension. The dinner menu is peppercorn-crusted pork loin with bacon-port demi-glace, tricolor new potatoes, green vegetables medley, field greens and spinach salad with pears and candied pecans and French vanilla crème cake with fresh fruit and shaved chocolate. Cost is $22 per person. Sign up at the Adventurers table in the South Lobby on Sunday mornings or in Community Hall on Wednesdays at noon.
For all senior adults including Wilshire Adventurers and New Song Senior Adult Community Choir.
Pick up a brochure in the church office for details of the April 16-20 senior adult camp in Branson, Missouri. All-inclusive costs are $660 per person double occupancy or $860 single occupancy.
- Daily Bible studies and worship led by Pastoral Resident Jakob Topper
- Music led by Jeff Brummel and Sarah Stafford
- Opportunities for New Song Choir to sing
- Dinner and worship at College of the Ozarks
- Cave tour, museum tour and lunch at Top of the Rock
- Attend a performance of “Sampson” at Sight and Sound Theater
- Silver Dollar City
- Explore downtown Branson and Branson Landing
- Lunch at an Amish farm in Oklahoma
- Lunch and concert at Hot Springs Village in Arkansas