Join the Wilshire Adventurers
Wilshire Adventurers is a fellowship and travel group that provides monthly activities for all adults 60 and older. A committee of senior adults plans these activities in consultation with Associate Pastor Mark Wingfield and Minister to Senior Adults Jessica Capps. Activities range from game days at the church to weeklong trips around the country.
Upcoming events for 2018 :
Adventurers' March day trip.Join Wilshire Adventurers for a day trip to the Dallas County Historical Museum at the Old Red Courthouse and a trolley tour of downtown Dallas on Monday, March 19. The group will leave Wilshire at 9 a.m. on a chartered motor coach, then arrive at the Old Red Courthouse for a self-guided tour, followed by lunch at Corner Bakery in the West End. Next, hop aboard a climate-controlled trolley for an 80-minute narrated tour of downtown, Klyde Warren Park, the Arts District, Farmers Market and the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge. Cost is $35 per person and includes lunch. Sign up with Pat Tilley at the Adventurers table in the South Lobby on Sunday mornings or in Community Hall on Wednesdays at noon.
For all senior adults including Wilshire Adventurers and New Song Senior Adult Community Choir.
Pick up a brochure in the church office for details of the April 16-20 senior adult camp in Branson, Missouri. All-inclusive costs are $660 per person double occupancy or $860 single occupancy. Contact Kathi Lyle at (214) 452- 3130 to sign up or for more information.
- Daily Bible studies and worship led by Pastoral Resident Jakob Topper
- Music led by Jeff Brummel and Sarah Stafford
- Opportunities for New Song Choir to sing
- Dinner and worship at College of the Ozarks
- Cave tour, museum tour and lunch at Top of the Rock
- Attend a performance of “Samson” at Sight and Sound Theater
- Silver Dollar City
- Explore downtown Branson and Branson Landing
- Lunch at an Amish farm in Oklahoma
- Lunch and concert at Hot Springs Village in Arkansas