Events available for online registration
Follow the links below to register for all Wilshire events that require registration. Registration requires a simple login. If you've registered for events at Wilshire online before, you already have a login. If you're new to the online registration, creating a login is simple. Should you need any assistance, contact Susan Kimball at (214) 452-3108. Also see additional instructions at bottom of page.
Please note: For event registrations paid with credit cards, Wilshire is charged a 2 percent processing fee by most banks and a 3.5 percent fee by American Express. In the event a registration paid by credit card is cancelled, the related processing fee will be deducted from the refund.
EVENTS FOR CHILDREN & PRESCHOOL
CHILDREN'S SUMMER EVENTS:
CHILDREN: Babylon, Daniel's Courage in Captivity, Interactive night-time VBS. Sunday thru Tuesday, June 10-12, 2018; 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.This registration is for children who will have just completed first through sixth grades. Children will join their tribe as they visit the marketplace, worship and learn about turning tough times into opportunities to trust God and live courageously.
CHILDREN: 2018 Kids' Cooking Camp I - June 25 - June 29, 2018. Cost is $100. Food safety, nutrition, and preparation of a three course lunch which will be served daily for completed 1st through 6th graders. (A $5.00 refund is available by bringing your own apron from a previous camp.) Registration will be pending until payment has been received. Registration ends June 20. A waiting list will be started once this camp reaches capacity.
CHILDREN: 2018 Kids' Cooking Camp II - July 16 - July 20, 2018. Cost is $100. (for completed 3rd through 6th graders who have or will have completed a Wilshire cooking camp in the past, including Cooking Camp I this summer). Advanced meal planning, food safety, nutrition, and preparation of a three course meal which will be served daily. (A $5.00 refund is available by bringing your own apron from a previous camp.) Registration will be pending until payment has been received. Registration ends June 20. A waiting list will be started once this camp reaches capacity.
CHILDREN: MusiCamp. $75. July 9-13, 9 a.m. to noon with performance July 15 at 5:30 p.m. For completed first through sixth graders. Learn a brand-new musical in one week--“Unlikely Hero” written for Wilshire by George Gagliardi. It is a modern-day version of the Good Samaritan. Auditions for solos and speaking parts will take place a week prior to the start of camp.
CHILDREN: Adoption Camp. $100. July 25-27, 9 a.m. to noon. For adopted children who have completed 1st through 5th grades. This camp will provide various hands-on activities to help adopted grade school children build a sense of self-confidence, self-esteem, and a feeling of community. Registration ends June 20.
CHILDREN: Passport Kids! Preteen Camp, Brownwood, TX, August 2-5. $300. For completed third through sixth graders. The group will travel to Brownwood by bus and stay in air-conditioned cabins at the Heart of Texas Baptist Camp and Conference Center. Students will participate in high-energy worship, interactive Bible study, creative recreation, missions and other fun activities. Although the camp activities will be led by Passport staff, Wilshire will provide one chaperone for every five campers to help with supervision. Chaperones needed! Deposit of $75 is due upon registration. Balance due May 31. For additional information contact Julie Girards at or 214-452-3104. Scholarships available for qualified campers.
PRESCHOOL SUMMER EVENTS:
PRESCHOOL: Babylon, Daniel's Courage in Captivity, Interactive night-time VBS. Sunday thru Tuesday, June 10-12, 2018; 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.This registration is for preschool children who will have completed a 3 year old preschool class thru kindergarten by June 10. Class sizes are limited for each age group. Children will join their tribe as they visit the marketplace, worship and learn about turning tough times into opportunities to trust God and live courageously.
PRESCHOOL Friends Camp. $85. July 9-12, 9 a.m. to noon. For those who have turned three by September 1, 2017, through those who have completed kindergarten. Theme: I Am Special to God. Registration ends July 4.
PRESCHOOL: Adoption Camp. $100. July 16-18, 9 a.m. to noon. For adopted preschoolers who have turned three by September 1, 2017, through those who will have completed kindergarten.This camp will provide various hands-on activities to help adopted preschoolers build a sense of self-confidence, self-esteem, and a feeling of community. Registration ends July 11.
EVENTS FOR YOUTH
- Youth Choir Mission Tour - June 16-23 in Oregon. Total cost is $500 per student. Partial payments accepted so total can be spread out over several months (ie Jan. - April).
- WSM 2018 YourCall Registration - YourCall, is our spiritual formation and discernment group for 9th-12th graders who are seeking to learn more about themselves, wanting to grow in their relationship with God, and desiring to understand their vocational calling. YourCall will meet regularly in small groups to practice spiritual formation exercises, work on self-awareness projects and dialogue about how those intersect with each other. All participants will also be paired with an adult mentor from within the church. A mentor is a caring, adult friend who can provide encouragement, counsel and support to our YourCall participants. While anyone in grades 9-12 is welcome to participate, there are expectations and requirements to be a part of the group.
EVENTS FOR ADULTS or All Ages
- Living your God-given Strengths Class, Wednesday evenings from 6:00 to 6:50 p.m. February 21 to April 4 (with no class on March 14 due to Spring Break). Registration is required; space limited to 12 people. Cost is free. Class facilitated by Geri McKenzie.
CHILD CARE FOR EVENTS
- To register for these events, click on the event name.
- The next page will show some information about the event.
- Below you will see "Tell us about yourself." Put your first name, last name and email address in the blanks. If that is an email in our database, on the next page you will have an opportunity to enter your password. If the system doesn't find that email address, you may register as a guest. However, if you want to pay online with a credit card (as opposed to offline with cash or check in person or by mail) you will have to set up an account to do so (if you haven't ever set up an account previously), but the account is free and your information is secure.
- You don't have to be a member of Wilshire to register for an event.