Mission and Advocacy
Celebrations and Opportunities
Summer Volunteer Opportunities: Mark Your Calendar!
- Room in the Inn: June 9, July 21 and August 18: We welcome our sisters back from Austin Street during the hottest months of the year. Volunteers are needed to provide dinner, breakfast and sack lunches, help set-up and clean-up, fellowship on Friday evening or provide transportation.
- Food on the Move: Volunteers are needed to provide recreational activities during the lunch hour Monday through Thursday, June 12- August 11. This is a great opportunity to do as a Sunday School class. Sign up to cover a week.
- In connection with our Summer Feeding Program we will also plan to offer 2 enrichment camps, Science and Reading. Volunteers are needed to help design and implement these camps. Dates, TBA.
- Back to School drive: Beginning in late May we will begin to collect school supplies for families and children served at the Verandas @ Midtown with Food on the Move. A complete list will be provided beforehand.
- Fifth Saturday Service Day, July 29th: 15 volunteers (16+) are needed to help with the Wilkinson Center’s annual shoe drive. Sign up here.
Mission Teams 2017
Kenya: Wilshire will join friends at Woodland Baptist Church (San Antonio) and South Main Baptist Church (Houston) in an exploratory, vision trip hosted by Sodzo International, September 2-10, 2017. Sodzo International operates a rescue center in Meru County, Kenya, for children recently rescued from street life. Estimated costs of the trip will be around $2,000, which includes round-trip airfare to Nairobi and a day of safari. Some financial assistance may be available.
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship: Please continue to pray for over 100 field personnel, who continue to work hard and give much more than they receive. Click here to download a guide that will direct your prayers each week.
For all opportunities, contact Minister of Missions Heather Mustain at (214) 452-3110 .