Events available for online registration
Follow the links below to register for all Wilshire events that require registration. Registration requires a simple login. If you've registered for events at Wilshire online before, you already have a login. If you're new to the online registration, creating a login is simple. Should you need any assistance, contact Susan Kimball at (214) 452-3108. Also see additional instructions at bottom of page.
Please note: For event registrations paid with credit cards, Wilshire is charged a 2 percent processing fee by most banks and a 3.5 percent fee by American Express. In the event a registration paid by credit card is cancelled, the related processing fee will be deducted from the refund.
NEW CHURCH PICTORIAL DIRECTORY
Sign up to be photographed for Wilshire's new pictorial directory. We are seeking 100 percent participation from the church membership to help us get to know each other better. There is no cost or obligation to purchase anything, and you'll receive a free 8x10 print just for being photographed. You may choose to purchase portraits or Christmas cards or other items available. You are welcome to be photographed not only as an individual or as a couple or as a family but also in extended families or even groups of friends. Pets and props are welcome too. The first two weeks of photography will happen in August, and those dates are available here. Additional dates will be offered in September once the August dates fill.
SUMMER EVENTS FOR CHILDREN & PRESCHOOL
CHILDREN'S SUMMER EVENTS:
CHILDREN: WAITING LIST FOR COOKING CAMP I. Cooking Camp I is currently full. Please sign up on the waiting list. We will notify you when a spot becomes available. June 25-29. Cost is $100. Food safety, nutrition, and preparation of a three course lunch which will be served daily for completed 1st through 6th graders. (A $5.00 refund is available by bringing your own apron from a previous camp.) Registration will be pending until payment has been received. Registration ends June 20. A waiting list will be started once this camp reaches capacity.
CHILDREN: 2018 Kids' Cooking Camp II - July 16 - July 20, 2018. Cost is $100. (for completed 3rd through 6th graders who have or will have completed a Wilshire cooking camp in the past, including Cooking Camp I this summer). Advanced meal planning, food safety, nutrition, and preparation of a three course meal which will be served daily. (A $5.00 refund is available by bringing your own apron from a previous camp.) Registration will be pending until payment has been received. Registration ends June 20. A waiting list will be started once this camp reaches capacity.
CHILDREN: MusiCamp. $75. July 9-13, 9 a.m. to noon with performance July 15 at 5:30 p.m. For completed first through sixth graders. Learn a musical in one week--“O, Jonah!”-- written by Allen Pote. Auditions for solos and speaking parts will take place the week prior to the start of camp.
CHILDREN: Adoption Camp. CANCELLED
CHILDREN: Passport Kids! Preteen Camp, Brownwood, TX, August 2-5. $300. For completed third through sixth graders. The group will travel to Brownwood by bus and stay in air-conditioned cabins at the Heart of Texas Baptist Camp and Conference Center. Students will participate in high-energy worship, interactive Bible study, creative recreation, missions and other fun activities. Although the camp activities will be led by Passport staff, Wilshire will provide one chaperone for every five campers to help with supervision. Chaperones needed! Deposit of $75 is due upon registration. Balance due May 31. For additional information contact Julie Girards at or 214-452-3104. Scholarships available for qualified campers.
PRESCHOOL SUMMER EVENTS:
PRESCHOOL Friends Camp. $85. July 9-12, 9 a.m. to noon. For those who have turned three by September 1, 2017, through those who have completed kindergarten. Theme: I Am Special to God. Registration ends July 4.
PRESCHOOL: Adoption Camp. $100. July 16-18, 9 a.m. to noon. For adopted preschoolers who have turned three by September 1, 2017, through those who will have completed kindergarten.This camp will provide various hands-on activities to help adopted preschoolers build a sense of self-confidence, self-esteem, and a feeling of community. Registration ends July 11.
EVENTS FOR YOUTH
- WSM Youth Camp - July 2-7, $350, Camp Mitchell, Morrilton, Arkansas. Cost covers meals, lodging, activities, transportation (bus), and a camp t-shirt. $175 is due with registration and balance is due by June 27.
- Youth Choir Mission Tour - June 16-23 in Oregon. Total cost is $500 per student. Partial payments accepted so total can be spread out over several months (ie Jan. - April).
SUMMER MISSIONS OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADULTS or All Ages
- Food on the Move - Sign up now open to sign up for one day or many to play games and eat lunch with kids living at an apartment complex near Wilshire. In weeks two and seven, volunteers are asked to commit an additional hour before lunch to help with a science or reading camp. Friday volunteers are also asked to pick up food bags at Wilshire and take to distribute at the complex.
- Donate supplies for Food on the Move - Donate new school supplies or healthy, non-perishable snacks from the supply list to Food on the Move. Look for the red and blue bins outside the church office and preschool entrance to drop-off your donations.
- Room in the Inn - July 20/21 - Volunteers are needed to provide dinner, breakfast, help set-up and clean-up, provide transportation to and from Wilshire, fellowship on Friday evening, and more. Lots to choose from. Please contact Room in the Inn ministry team leader Chad Mustain for more information.
- Room in the Inn - August 24/25 - Volunteers are needed to provide dinner, breakfast, help set-up and clean-up, provide transportation to and from Wilshire, fellowship on Friday evening, and more. Lots to choose from. Please contact Room in the Inn ministry team leader Chad Mustain for more information.
EVENTS FOR ADULTS or All Ages
- Holy Land Trip, October 28 - November 8/11. A deposit of $500/$1000 holds your reservation. Spaces limited. Senior Pastor George Mason and Rabbi Nancy Kasten (Temple Emanu-El) will provide historical and Biblical context. More information.
- CLUE mission trip Payment - Only for those signed up for/committed to CLUE camp trip in August. If not signed up already, please contact Heather Mustain before paying or with any questions.
- Tanzania mission trip Payment - Only for confirmed participants for this trip. If not signed up already, please contact Heather Mustain before paying or with any questions.
- Wilkinson Center Shoe Drive: Volunteers (16+) are needed to help with the Wilkinson Center’s annual shoe drive Saturday, July 28-Monday, July 30.
- Prison Entrepreneurship Program (PEP): Join others in prison throughout the summer. Dates below. Men and women are welcome to volunteer for any of these events listed below.
Friday, June 29 (11:30-5:00): EXCELLENCE IN ETIQUETTE: Executive Volunteers and participants enjoy a seated meal together, and test their knowledge of the rules of personal and professional etiquette in a “Jeopardy” style game.
Saturday, July 7 (9:00 - 4:00): BUSINESS PLAN WORKSHOP: Executive Volunteers meet 1 on 1 with multiple participants to discuss in detail all the elements of their business plans.
Friday, August 3 (11:30 - 5:00): PITCH DAY: Executive Volunteers are grouped in panels of 6 to hear and give feedback on participants’ nearly competition-ready pitches.
Friday, Sept. 7 (2:00-5:00): GRADUATION
- WOW! Women of Wilshire Summer Bible Study - Fridays, June 22 through Aug. 3 (excluding July 6) from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Room 3301. Join in a study of Learning to Walk in the Dark by Barbara Brown Taylor led by Vanessa Vaughter. A limited number of copies are for sale in the church office or copies my be purchased at Amazon or Barnes & Noble. If you need child care, find the sign up below.
CHILD CARE FOR EVENTS
- WOW! Child Care for Summer Bible Study - Child care is available for children birth-6th grade. Please send a lunch with your child for each session. Reservations requested by June 18.
- To register for these events, click on the event name.
- The next page will show some information about the event.
- Below you will see "Tell us about yourself." Put your first name, last name and email address in the blanks. If that is an email in our database, on the next page you will have an opportunity to enter your password. If the system doesn't find that email address, you may register as a guest. However, if you want to pay online with a credit card (as opposed to offline with cash or check in person or by mail) you will have to set up an account to do so (if you haven't ever set up an account previously), but the account is free and your information is secure.
- You don't have to be a member of Wilshire to register for an event.