Events available for online registration
Follow the links below to register for all Wilshire events that require registration. Registration requires a simple login. If you've registered for events at Wilshire online before, you already have a login. If you're new to the online registration, creating a login is simple. Should you need any assistance, contact Susan Kimball at (214) 452-3108. Also see additional instructions at bottom of page.
Please note: Event registrations can be paid for by cash/paper check, electronic check or debit/credit cards. For event registrations paid with credit cards, Wilshire is charged a 2 percent processing fee by most banks and a 3.5 percent fee by American Express. In the event a registration paid by credit card is cancelled, the related processing fee will be deducted from the refund.
*To begin registration for the event below, click on the name of the event in red bold letters.
CHILD CARE FOR EVENTS
- Child Care for Marriage Connections - on Friday, February 14, 2020. Deadline for this registration is Sunday, February 9, 2020. Child care is available to infants through sixth graders; 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm. You are welcome to feed your children before they arrive or send dinner with them.
- Child Care for Adoption & Foster Care Parents Night Out - Friday, February 14, 2020. Deadline for this registration is Sunday, February 9, 2020. Child care is available to infants through sixth graders; 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm. You are welcome to feed your children before they arrive or send dinner with them.
EVENTS FOR PRESCHOOL AND CHILDREN
PRESCHOOL EVENTS - Summer 2020
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) — “Who is my Neighbor? Learning to Love Like Jesus” For preschoolers who turned 3 years old by Sept. 1, 2019, through completed sixth grade. Dates: Monday through Friday, June 8-12, 9 a.m. to noon. Cost: Free from 9 a.m. to noon. Optional extra costs for full day and/or lunch. New this year! An afternoon session from noon to 4 p.m. is available for $100 for the week, with an extension available until 5 p.m. for those who need it for an additional $10 per day. Send a sack lunch or choose our prepared lunch option for $25 for the week. Those who stay for the afternoon will begin with lunch, followed by a nap/rest time. Preschoolers should bring a nap mat with them. Following the nap/rest time we will have story times, play in the multipurpose room, art activities and fun on the playground.
- Preschool Playdate with Parents — Come play indoors. For families with infants through 2-year-olds. Free. Date: Monday, June 29, 10 to 11:30 a.m. (No registration needed).
- Preschool Playdate — Ice Cream on the Playground. Open to all preschool families. Free. Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2:45 to 3:30 p.m. (No registration needed).
- Preschool Friends Camp — This week’s theme is “Thank You God for Caring for Me.” This camp is open to all who turned 3 years old by Sept. 1, 2019, through those who have completed kindergarten. Registration ends July 6. Dates: Monday through Thursday, July 13-16, 9 a.m. to noon. Cost: $60
- All Star Camp — Everyone is a star in this camp designed for preschoolers and children who have been adopted, are in foster care or a kinship placement. Age-graded small groups will be designed for those who are 3 years old by Sept. 1, 2019, through those who have completed third grade. During the camp we will build friendships and have fun activities to help all children know they are wonderful individuals in God’s sight. Registration ends June 15. Dates: June 22-26, 9 a.m. to noon.Cost: $50
- Adoptive, Foster and Kinship Care Parents Nights Out – A special respite for those parenting adopted, foster and kinship care preschoolers and children. Drop off the kids to enjoy an evening with our care team while you go take care of yourself. Infants through third graders are welcome. Biological children of the adoptive, foster and kinship care parents are also welcome. Dates: June 19, July 10, Aug. 14, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.Cost: Free, but registration is required. Deadline for registration is the Sunday before each event.
CHILDREN'S EVENTS - Summer 2020
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) – “Who is my Neighbor? Learning to Love Like Jesus” For preschoolers who turned 3 years old by Sept. 1, 2019, through completed sixth grade. Dates: Monday through Friday, June 8-12, 9 a.m. to noon. Cost: Free from 9 a.m. to noon. Optional extra costs for full day and/or lunch.New this year! An optional afternoon session will be offered from noon to 4 p.m., filled with fun activities and field trips. Cost for the afternoon session is $100 for the week, with an extension available until 5 p.m. for those who need it for an additional $10 per day. Send a sack lunch or choose our prepared lunch option for $25 for the week.
- Kids Cooking Camp — For completed first through sixth graders to learn about food safety and nutrition and prepare a three-course lunch served daily. There is a new theme and new set of menus each year. Participants will be allowed to invite one guest for lunch on Friday, June 26. Registration ends Wednesday, June 17. Waiting list will be started when the camp reaches capacity. Sign up soon as this camp fills up fast. Dates: Monday through Friday, June 22-26, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Cost: $100. If you bring an apron from a previous camp, you will receive a $5 refund on the first day of camp.
- Music Camp — For completed first through sixth graders. Get ready for “Lights! Camera! Action!” as we learn and perform an entire musical in just one week. Our young stars will have a blast as they bring a story from the Bible to life, using songs, drama, costumes, movement and sets. We also will take time for food, recreation and appearances by some special guests who will help us study our materials. Auditions for solos and main character roles will be June 24, 25 and 28. (Audition sign up available beginning June 17.) Packets will be available for pickup in the main office on Friday, June 12 (last day of VBS). Dates: Monday through Friday, July 13-17. Hours are 9 a.m. to noon Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. through the evening performance on Friday, July 17, which will be a special day of dress rehearsals, demonstrations by our afternoon groups, crafts, “Music Camp Olympics,” food and much more. Our musical will be presented on Friday, July 17, at 6:30 p.m. Cost: $90. Each cast member receives a script, music and a T-shirt. Optional extra costs for full day and/or lunch. New this year! An optional afternoon session will be offered from noon to 4 p.m., filled with fun activities and field trips. “Arts Afternoon” is offered for $80 for the week, with an available extension until 5 p.m. for those who need it for an additional $10 per day. Send a sack lunch or choose our prepared lunch option for $20 for the week. (Extended hours for Friday are included in the Music Camp price.)
- Preteen Camp — Passport Kids! Camp in Brownwood, Texas, is for completed third through sixth graders. Monday through Thursday, July 27–30. We will leave the church at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, traveling to Brownwood by bus and staying in air-conditioned cabins at the Heart of Texas Baptist Camp and Conference Center. Students will participate in high-energy worship, interactive Bible study, creative recreation, missions and other fun activities throughout the camp. Although the camp activities will be led by Passport staff, we will provide one chaperone for every five campers to help with supervision. Chaperones are needed. The bus will return to Wilshire around 4:30 p.m. Thursday. Dates: Monday through Thursday, July 27-30 Cost: $350. A $100 deposit will guarantee a spot for your student. The full balance is due by May 31.
EVENTS FOR YOUTH
- Youth Choir Summer Mission Tour. The youth choir will be traveling to Denver, Colorado for their 2020 tour. Dates are Saturday, June 13, through Sunday, June 21, with the Home Concert on Sunday, June 21, at 6:30 p.m. In order to participate, students must reach the minimum number of Frequent Singer Points. Total cost is $500. A deposit of $50 is required at the time of registration. The payment schedule, after the initial deposit, is November 1-$75, February 1-$125, March 1-$125, and April 1-$125. No refunds after March 1. Scholarships are available. Scholarship requests need to be received by March 1.
EVENTS FOR ADULTS or All Ages
- Room in the Inn: Our first RITI of the season will be held Friday night/Saturday morning, February 28/29 and March 27/28. Take a look at the sign up genius (click on date) and consider serving!
- Souper Bowl of Caring Chili Cook Off: Our annual luncheon to raise funding for hunger and poverty alleviation efforts is set for Sunday, February 2, in Community Hall. There are two seatings, one at 10:45 a.m. and the other at 12 noon. This year we are adding a chili cook-off to the event.
- Spring Break Missions Team: We will take our annual family missions trip March 14 through 19 to Lake Nixon Outdoor Center in Little Rock, Arkansas. Email Heather Mustain for more information or to sign up by Monday, Jan. 27
- The Path Between Us class - FULL. Email Geri McKenzie to get on a waiting list.
- WOW! Women's Retreat 2020 - Open to all women of Wilshire. Friday, February 21 - Sunday, February 23 at the Wildcatter Ranch near Graham, TX. $199 per person, no refunds. Deadline Sunday, February 2.
- Inclement Weather Shelter: The City of Dallas has established an inclement weather shelter at the convention center (for nights it falls below 36) and needs volunteers. We also help drive Salvation Army vans on these nights to provide transportation to neighbors seeking to escape the cold. If you’re interested in either of these opportunities, please email Heather Mustain.
- Koinonia Cafe Punch Cards - In addition to paying for Wednesday Koinonia Cafe lunch and/or dinner on a per-meal basis or purchasing a pre-paid Punch Card in person with cash or check, you may now purchase a $70 pre-paid Punch Card online with a credit/debit card or electronic check.
To register for these events above, click on the event name in red. The next page will show some information about the event.
Below you will see "Tell us about yourself." Put your first name, last name and email address in the blanks. If that is an email in our database, on the next page you will have an opportunity to enter your password. If the system doesn't find that email address, you may register as a guest. However, if you want to pay online with a credit card (as opposed to offline with cash or check in person or by mail) you will have to set up an account to do so (if you haven't ever set up an account previously), but the account is free and your information is secure. You don't have to be a member of Wilshire to register for an event.